Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Breakfast for Dinner

  Tried a new biscuit recipe tonight. Hubby wanted biscuits, eggs and bacon.  I had seen this one today and thought I would give it a try. I followed it just how the recipe said. It said to kneed very little, so that's why the are rough looking. Next time I might knead more, but the taste was great and they held together with a soft texture.  I will try again, and again until I get it right. Makes a high butter biscuits. Will try it with gravy next, that's the real test in our house. Have a wonderful night!




BISCUITS

2 cups flour,
1 Tablespoon baking powder,
1/2 tsp. Cream of tartar,
1 teaspoon salt,
1/3 cup butter (can use shortening)
2/3 cup milk

Mix dry ingredients, cut in butter, add milk. Knead just to combine (less is better) roll out cut or form by hand.

Bake at 400 degrees until light brown.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I can visit you.