Saturday, December 29, 2018

Garden is growing, if only in my mind!

  The garden planning is coming along. My garden spot is 50X38, next to a plot where I plant corn and squash. I will be trying very hard to fill up my pantry with home grown goods.  I have been wearing out my seed books. write and circle the things I'm interested in. Are yours worn too?

       We planted 6 peach trees last year along with starting a bigger strawberry patch from our runners. I moved my young cherry trees over in the orchard, next to the peaches.We also have persimmon, pecan, walnut and hickory nut trees. Over next to the new orchard is a roll of blackberries and a roll of raspberries. My hubby and I have been building our homestead for a few years but just in the past 2 have we built up the orchard and berries. I retired last year and ready to have a blast in the garden and orchard. We won't receive any blessings from the peach this year but my cherries are well established. I should have my work cut out for me. I have a pantry closet that is ready to be filled.
         How is your garden planning going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I can visit you.